So I haven't wrote a blog for a while so let's do a little catch up for all you readers! This past weekend was Kurt and my four year anniversary! It was actually on Thursday last week but Kurt had a little surprise planned for me so we celebrated from Friday on to Sunday. We went to Catalina Island, which we've been wanting to do for a while because we like to snorkel and heard it was the only good place in CA. He had planned the whole trip on his own which was quite impressive! We left Friday morning to Long Beach to take the boat over. Audrey was nice enough to come watch our kids for us so it was alot of new quiet together time! (And a very nice break for me)
Our first day there we slept alot and booked a snorkel trip for the next morning. It was a half day deal where they take you to other side of the island and show you the sea caves and snorkel and possibly see some dolphins. We ate dinner at this nice little italian place called Villa Portofino, the food was pretty pricey on the island but the dinner was great. The next A.M we went on our snorkel adventure and made sure to rent wetsuits considering that the water was freezing! We saw a bat ray and lots of cool other fish. Kurt
got a little frightened cause I almost stuck my hand onto a jellyfish but we survived without any injuries! After our snorkel adventure we decided to embark in a new experience and get couples massages at the local spa. That was sooooooo NICE!!!! We got full body massages, scalp massage, and a facial! Highly recommend it! Both nights we also danced the night away at the local club. It was a really fun trip all in all.I was excited to get home though, I was missing my babies! I can't believe how fast they grow. When we got home I ran and Alaina was playing on the floor and she just looked like she had grown so much! She's so active now and is jabbering so much more. Before I know it she'll be walking. Emmitt was asleep when we got back, it took all of me not to wake him. I knew though if I did he'd probably wake up grumpy and then I'd wish I hadn't. As soon as he woke up he lunged himself at Kurt and I, he looked bigger too. It's funny how they had seemed to grow so much after just a few days. Emmitt definitely likes to challenge me now. He just seems to be thinking let's see how far we can push Mommy today. The day after we got back was quite a challenge, I began to wonder why I had come home. LOL!!
I've been trying to get them back into their routine but it's slowly taking effect. Maybe tomorrow it'll be better. I've been keeping on track with my exercise which makes me very excited! I actually get bored pretty quickly with videos so I recently just ordered a new set of the Tae Bo ones which completely kicks my butt. It's called Tae Bo Amp'd and it comes with this wand type thing that weighs 3 lbs. The videos are insane and I love them! I see the results but sometimes I wonder if others do. Kurt assured me that he noticed the changes. I don't really care so much as what the scale says but how I feel, and I have been feeling really good since starting the videos. Anyway I better close this extra long blog! My kids are getting restless. Till the next one-------------------------




0 comments:
Post a Comment