Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wishful Wednesday- Accidental Garbage

Wednesday is here again!! Oh how I love wednesdays, definite Favorite blog days. Mainly because I am so ridiculously behind on my blogging that wednesdays are about the only days that I post anymore...lol. I vow to catch you all up asap on the family and pictures! (Definitely by the wkend) On to our wish for the week:

I wish I hadn't thrown away.....my original caricature from Disneyland.



(sadly i don't even have a picture of it)Sounds silly right?! I know, I can read your thoughts. # When Kurt and I were dating we went to Disneyland together and took the time to have a caricature drawn of us. It came out soooooooo perfect. It wasn't overdone you know where they really cartoon you up. It accented the features that really are accented anyway on our faces. It was a profile drawing of us facing eachother and in the middle was a heart with our names and the date. We LOVED that thing. It signified the start of us, and it was just all around cute. One day, years later, we took it to bed bath and beyond with us to try and find a frame to fit. The drawing was on a very odd size board an figuring out a frame was complicated. So we brought the caricature with us to the store to find just the right size. We found a frame and went out to the car. I'm pretty sure we had Emmitt and maybe Alaina with us, memory is foggy...that's what kids do to you. lol. Anyway I remember it was a rush to get in the car and load everything in. We grabbed the bag and almost left Kurts wallet, got in the car and went home. When we got home I realized the caricature was nowhere to be found. OMG! We call the store and ask if someone found it anywhere they say no. So we drove back out to the store, and we had used a cart from the store next to bed bath beyond. You know when they mix the carts and you can't really tell which ones for which store, ya that was our issue. So anyway we ask that stoe if anyone turned it in, no luck. We searched the lot of carts for it....gone. I was crying on the way home, forever lost was a giant memory.
We went back to disneyland a couple months later and got another caricature done, it was AWFUL! No where near as good and looked more like a horrible self portrait. I will always wonder what happened to our picture. Some dumb person probably found it and threw it in the trash.

Ahhhh....memories. Whats something you wish you had never thrown away?? To get in on the action click the wednesday link.^

Photobucket

3 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

Ok that just might be the saddest story I have EVER heard. Really Amy I am feeling for you right now.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

That really is SOOO sad because it was such a special remembrance of your beginning years. Maybe one day you will find it ... cross your fingers!

Lindsay said...

Stopping by from wishful wednesday! LOVE your blog! :)