skip to main |
skip to sidebar

Kurts mission buddy Tim Dunlap invited us to go to an Aquabats concert with him. I had never even heard of the Aquabats before and looked them up on the internet beforehand to get familiar. This concert was back on the 2/11 btw...I am way behind on blogging. Anyway, it was down in Hollywood at the Music Box the opening bands Koo Koo Kangeroo and Voodoo Glowskulls we pretty much missed because Kurt was running late home from work. We caught the last couple songs of Voodoo Glowskulls they were ok. I mainly just liked the horn in the songs, I couldn't understand any of the words except the F word, oh yaaa that's a crowd pleaser (sarcasm). The place was packed when the first few bands played Kurt & I hung in the back we had no clue where his friend was so we waited till there was a lull. Then Kurt found him front and center so we pushed our way through. Everything was going fine, a bit crammed but it's a concert right? As soon as The Aquabats hit the stage and started performing the crowd was shoving back and forth and side to side, ummm seasick....it was nuts. Then people started crowd surfing and I took an elbow to the head which really wasn't that bad, until my shoe started to slide off and I almost lost it from people shoving. Not my idea of fun getting beat up while trying to keep my place. Tim and Kurt did their best to make a boundary around me which I really appreciated and they get an A for effort but it didn't last too long. Kurt kept telling me to crowd surf was the only way out....YAaa right I know what happens to chicks who crowd surf...no thanks. So finally Kurt shoved his way to the side and I think when people saw the terror on my face they let him through and we were free and clear and back... in the back. The back is fine by me! :) The concert was really fun actually and I really liked the Aquabats they were truly entertaining with their on stage crime fighting skillz and plenty of fun and games for the crowd. After the concert we went to Dennys for some late night grub.
This picture was taken on Tims phone and did include me and Tims friend, but I cut it due to me chewing my food and my eyes closed, down right special. Sorry guys, lol. Kurt had a blast catching up with his friend. Thanks so much for the invite Tim it was really fun!
3 comments:
I love going to concerts, but I'm the SAME way... I like to stay to the side or the back. My hubby loves to be front and center and loves the energy of the pushing and jumping crowd.... not me... I freak out everytime until he finally gets me out of there!! I got bruised feet from people stomping on them when we saw "All American Rejects." Love the band... but would've loved it more from the side! haha
Now that's an EXPERIENCE! I love experiencing things in life, how fun (but yes sounds a little scary at times)
Oh and I am all for editing yourself out of pics if necessary, this is after all your blog :)
The aquabats rock - they're from my day:)
Post a Comment