Saturday, April 23, 2011

April where did you go?

WOW I can't believe the month of April is already coming to an end, as you can see I have not done any blogging. We've been super busy around here. So I thought I should give some kind of an update for the month.
Kurt has been hard at work, chugging away. Softball just started for our church so he's been playing on Saturdays- every Saturday is a double header. I love going to the games and watching him play. Kurt has also been helping coach with tball. Emmitt just started tball this year and Kurts been enlisted to help out. Kurt has been donating some time during the week to volunteer in Emmitts kindergarten class. Emmitt loves having anytime he can with his Dad so it's great that he has the opportunity to volunteer. The kids in Emmitts class just love Kurt, and they went to their first field trip a couple weeks ago to the California Science Center. My wonderful husband also recently reupholstered some dining chairs for me, we bought this nice table off craigslist and the chairs were pretty worked so I picked out some fun fabric and he whipped them out for me! :) It is so nice having a handyman in our home.


Emmitt is busy with school and tball. I can't believe his kindergarten year is almost over! He has improved drastically since the start of school. His reading is amazing and his writing. The teacher says he excels at math which is a surprise to me. He loves to learn and sound things out for himself. He tries very hard to get it right and just quickly rush through. He LOVES tball! The boy can hit! He plays first base and I can't wait for him to play baseball I think that he would do well without the tee. Emmitt has an awesome relationship with Maddox. These two boys are going to be good friends. Maddox loves it when we pick up Emmitt from school he lights up! They wrestle and Maddox just gets so excited to see his brother. Yesterday while the kids were playing outside Emmitt was climbing on this fence and then jumped down into these small ivy bushes by our house. When he came down he lost his footing and fell back into the bushes there was a wasp waiting for him and stung him right in the back of the neck! OUCH. Emmitt grabbed his neck and turned around when he saw the wasp he started screaming. His very first bee/wasp sting- I was just thankful it wasn't Alaina the girl wouldn't have stopped screaming. I got Emmitt to clam down in a matter of seconds. We brought him in and put some ice on it.



Alaina has been living it up with me at home, lol. She goes pretty much everywhere I go and has made a new bestfriend at bootcamp. She loves to play with this little girl Jasmine and they play so well together. No fighting or fussing. Alaina is very eager to start kindergarten and we are in the process of getting all her paperwork done. They will be having pre kindergarten summer school this year which she will be attending so she will get her first school experience in June. We are working on putting her back into dance and pulled her from gymnastics (too expensive.) I have to tell you Alaina is quite the drama queen when it comes to shots or cleaning cuts. This is something that stems from me I'm sure. My Mom loves to tell me how I was a screamer. Well I think Alaina takes the cake. We took her to the doc recently for her final shot for her physical to get into kindergarten, I brought Kurt with me because I knew she would be a handful. The appointment was mainly for Maddox and he got his shots first. She was standing by me covering her ears saying, "OK he's loud! He does not like that." Uh huh....hmmm...you just wait little girl little do you know it's your turn! The nurse turned to Alaina and said ok your turn. The look of horror on Alainas face and confusion was sort of funny, she turns to me and says, "WHAT?! MOM!!!" Kurt and I both try to get her over to the table and she is throwing herself on the ground screaming! Kurt had to literally fight her, he tried talking to her but that's a lost cause she freaks out like your trying to murder her. The whole building I'm sure heard her! By the time he got her pinned this "special" nurse tries to tell him to lay her the other way, we both just stared at her like your kidding me right?! Then Kurt said, "UH YOU CAN'T JUST DO IT LIKE THIS CUZ THAT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!" Thank goodness she just did it anyway, Alaina went from psycho to fine it 2 seconds. The nurse stuck it in and then said ok your done. Alainas face was like oh that wasn't so bad after all that drama! OMG it was insane. Kurt was just like "your too crazy Alaina it didn't hurt you at all and your acting psycho, I don't like that baby." LOL! KIDS.



Maddox is eighteen months and officially in nursery at church which is so awesome! That gap between the docile baby to the nursery age is so impossible! You can't go to your classes in church you just have to somehow entertain your wandering exploring baby who is desperate for a nap. He is so darn smart. I'm pretty sure he is the smartest one of our children at this age. He talks ALOT! And tries to do anything and everything the other 2 do. He makes the funniest facial expressions and is such an easygoing guy. Although he has started a bit of "little guy syndrome", at least that's what we call it. He likes to bully other kids a little and hit- we're working on breaking him of that habit. He wants to be their friends but also wants to be rough. There's this little boy who comes to bootcamp that is Maddoxs age but he's smaller, and Maddox will follow him around the whole time really close and belly bump him a ton. The other little guy does not like it and will cry. BOYS.

As far me, I am busy busy with bootcamp and zumba. My bootcamp is taking off and I just have to get a picture so you can see what I mean. Zumba is by far crazy popular!! My friday classes are full. I was asked to teach Zumba for the young women in another ward so I did that this last Wednesday, it was so much fun and now a bunch of women from that ward have started coming. I am also working on getting things together for YW's camp this year. I was asked to be a camp leader which I am soooo excited for!! We are camping at the beach, and I have the third years. The young women I have are so excited, I know we're going to have a blast. On my off days from bootcamp I have been running with a friend, we do a 6 mile run. I am hoping to do a full marathon soon, I have one in mind that Kurt and I have been discussing but we'll see how that goes. Other than that just busy with the everyday stuff. Excited for Easter tomorrow, I am making some yummy chocolate robins egg cookies for the primary kids, and some hot cross buns for some friends. The kids will do an egg hunt and I'll be sure and get video and pictures of our Easter. Hope you all have a great Easter weekend! :)


Photobucket

0 comments: