Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Growing Pains

They grow up way too fast! I wanted to share some updated pics of the kids. They both are getting so big, and too smart. The sad thing is it seems like my kids grow quicker than my friends just because their so tall.Emmitt seems to tower over everyone his age and even kids who are 6. People always think I'm joking when I tell them how old he is. He is obsessed with playing Lego Star Wars on Xbox. It's pretty impressive to watch him play these grown up games. I wanted to share a funny story that happened back in December. We went to the church christmas party, and Kurt was busy working so it was just me and the kids. This girl in our ward has a 5 yr old boy who Emmitt was playing with and Eliana was keeping an eye on them. I went to go grab some food for us and when I came back I aw the 5 yr old boy crying. I asked Eliana what happened she told me Emmitt kicked him in the face. So I asked Emmitt why'd you kick him in the face? He responds with, "He called me stupid." Now I know I probably shouldn't be laughing at something like this but I couldn't help it I lost it. The look on Emmitts face was hilarious when he gave me his response like he had it coming mom. I told him we don't kick people and if somebody is being mean you come tell Mommy. We've always said Emmitts a tank and now you have the proof. That little boy learned a valuable lesson, you don't call people stupid especially not my son....LOL!!Alaina is quite the little princess around here. She's got us all wrapped around her finger. She loves to play dress up, and pretend games with Emmitt. She loves to say her own prayers at night which can be pretty drawn out at times. I think she's pretty smart for her age and she is potty trained!! YAY for that. We're doing great around here and we hope you all are well too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! what a wonderful update :)
I love hearing about your growing kiddos

Chelsea said...

Too cute! I love your little family even though you're kids aren't so little.

Pattersons said...

glad to hear you're all well and happy! and you're right, they do grow up way too fast:)

Mele said...

I love that first picture with them together! So cute. I checked my CM for the first time in forever and you were gone. I was so sad. At least I can find you here :) I love keeping in touch with you. ♥ ya