Monday, March 16, 2009

Dana Point, CA


This weekend 3/13-3/15 Kurt & I were able to getaway to a timeshare in Dana Point. We left Friday the 13th and drove to Orange Cnty to do a couple errands. Then we drove out to Escondido (close to San Diego) to do a timeshare preview. A timeshare preview is just a visit to a particular timeshare where they show you around and tell you what they offer and try to get you to buy into their program. We mainly did it for the free gift (a 3 day cruise), but this place was beautiful! We visited the Lawrence Welk resort and it was amazing. We would have bought into it if we had the money to spend. The day was nice anyway, we met some interesting people and goofed off. We met this Irish man from Belfast and he was a crack up!! He loved Kurts Irish hat. Once we finished things up there we headed to Dana Point for our stay.
Once we arrived it was a little late so we watched a little tv and went to bed. I had a horrible nightmare that night about Alaina and woke up crying. (this is what pregnancy does to me, I really don't dream except when prego) We called the family right away to check on them, it was so nice to hear their little voices. Our babies were in good hands in Kurts families care. We ate some breakfast and went to the activities center at our resort. They rent out free beach cruiser bikes so we took our pick and off we were. We spent the majority of the day riding our bikes along the beach and checking out all the little shops at the marina. After 4 hrs or so we decided to head back to our room to relax. We turned in our bikes, played a round of pool, and headed up to our room for a nap. After our nap Kurt went for a quick swim while I got ready for dinner. We ate at the Harbor Grill, a small but very nice restaurant. We wandered around some more shops after our meal. We found a toy store/souvenir shop that had all kinds of cute things for the kids. Kurt bought these sprite bombs, which look like little poppers. He threw one outside the shop and scared the you know what out of everyone even himself! It sounded like a gunshot and sparked and smoked. Those little things were crazy!! We bought a couple more boxes and some of the regular ones to bring home for the kids entertainment.
I'm sorry but can I just say... how super HOT my husband looks in this pic!! ;)
The following morning was check out day, we got our stuff together turned in our keys, and headed to the beach for one last look. We played a little aerobie, and skipped rocks. I am not so good at the skipping rocks thing but it was fun to watch Kurt. All in all it was a great little getaway. I love being able to spend time with Kurt alone, helps us relieve our stress and strengthen our bond. I LOVE YOU KURT!
We were happy to get home to our babies too!! It's rough being away from our kiddos.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want so badly to do a timeshare preview thing for a free cruise! I have some friends here who recently did one and I think that it is awesome!

Y'all look like you had so much fun and I have been dying to go to the beach! I called Jake just the other day and said "I want to go to the beach" haha

Getaways are great!

Sarager Family said...

Oh man I miss the beach! You look so beautiful, and Kurt does look so Handsome. YOu guys are one hot couple.

Jayme said...

What a nice getaway! Miss you!

Nate, Holly, Parker, Joshua, Ethan and Grace said...

you look so pretty amy. what a fun weekend. i wish nate and i could do more of that kind of stuff, i think its important.

Mele said...

Looks so fun! I'd love to go to the beach, its been way too long.