Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March 3, 2009


That's what Emmitts invites read for his 4th birthday. We kept it small and just invited our local family members to come by for cake and games. Emmitt was given a choice of some different activities that he could do for his birthday. We asked him, "What would you like to do for your birthday? Go to disneyland, go to the zoo, or ride dirtbikes?" His response, "Ummmm.....I just want to ride dirtbikes." Such a boy!
We headed to the farm around noon to ride. We stopped off at Subway and grabbed some sandwiches beforehand to have a picnic on the trampoline before riding. When we got to the house Alaina was asleep, so we just rolled the windows down and the rest of us sat on the trampoline and ate our lunch. It was nice to be able to spend some one on one time with our birthday boy. He had fun bouncing up and down around us while we were relaxing. Kurt fired up the dirtbike and took Emmitt for a nice little ride around Lockwood. Of course the kids had to play with the chickens before we left.
After we got home the kids took naps and I got started on the cake. I wanted to make the cake myself and I knew I wanted a dirtbike theme. I found this idea and I was pleased with how it came out, Emmitt loved it because it gave him another toy to play with. Our family party was really small, just Kurts family was able to attend. We ate cake and ice cream, opened gifts, and chatted. Emmitt received 2 baseball hats, a leather aviation jacket, a gooey ball, and some candy. This year we decided to let Emmitt choose his gift from us. He chose a electronic star wars lightsaber. All in all it was a great 4 yr birthday for him.

9 comments:

Jayme said...

happy birthday to Emmitt!!

Anonymous said...

holy hannah barbara this looks like an awesome day! love the cake! seriously you are like the best mom ever!

I can still remember where I was when we got the call Emmitt was born and was 10lbs! I was a nanny in South Jordan, UT and Jake was there for the day with me and we got the call while watching TV in their basement! fun times!

Amanda said...

Wow, can't believe he's 4! Happy Birthday Emmitt! Cute cake, Amy!!

Nate, Holly, Parker, Joshua, Ethan and Grace said...

the cake looks amazing. good job. wow, we he is 4 already!!!!!!! wish i was there to celebrate!

Pattersons said...

happy happy birthday emmitt! nice looking cake amy:)

Sarager Family said...

Cute Cute invitations and good job on the cake it looks awesome. love ya

Carol said...

I love your blog. Now that is a nice background. Emmett is awesome. What guy.

Carol said...

I meant to say what a guy. Sorry

Carol said...

I love the cake. You did a great job. It sounds like the day was great and Happy Birthday Emmett.