Last night my awesome husband watched the babies for me so I could attend a concert in Beverly Hills/Santa Monica area with my good friend Jenna. I had heard about it on Twitter and bought tickets right away. Leighton Meester, for those who don't know, stars on the tv show Gossip Girl and the movie Country Strong along with a couple others. Yes, I admit I am a fan of Gossip Girl. I love it actually and Leightons character is probably my fave. Her love of Audrey Hepburn movies show she's a girl after my own heart. Anyway, she has started to dabble in the music biz and she has a beautiful voice. You can get an inkling of her voice on Country Strong where she sang all her own songs. This concert was different than the music you can find of hers on the net, she has some country songs and some pop songs but this show was more acoustic music. Totally loved it! She played with a band called Check in the Dark who were also awesome. It was fun to go with a girlfriend, Jenna is a fun girl and we always have a good time together.
Cute TINY Leighton- ya my camera sux.
Check in the dark, they opened for her and also were her band for the night. The lead singer did a cute duet with her as well.



2 comments:
ah I'm jealous!!! Very cool, I love her and I love Gossip Girl too!!! Glad you had a fun night out.
Fun! I think I will name my next girl leighton maybe.
Post a Comment