
August 15th 2008- our little mama turned two! It's amazing how fast time flies by. We didn't do a big party or anything, but we did celebrate. I had just wrapped her gifts when she came downstairs bright eyed and bushy haired...lol. She went straight to her gifts, picked one up and said, "Ohhhh burt-day" It was so cute. We let her open her presents since there really was no stopping her at that point. She got a graco Baby doll stroller, a pots and pan playset, and a color wonder coloring book. Later in the day we stopped at the Gymboree Outlet and got her 3 new cute outfits. She was so serious when she was opening her gifts. This face and one with her tongue out were her signature looks while opening her gifts.
These color wonder things are awesome, who would've ever imagined coloring could evolve so much in these past years? These markers are clear unless you draw on the special books that come with them. Perfect for my little artist! Every chance she gets she tries to bring some color to my white walls. We spent the morning playing and making cute visors like the one in the first pic. We bought those foam visors and decor at Walmart, they made for a crafty morning. (a inexpensive craft too)☺
"All set to go Mom!"
We then got ready for swimming. Our babies love to swim so we planned to go to a Palm Springs resort for a day of swimming, thanks to the timeshare program. It was so much fun, the kids had such a good time. They had a kids waterslide there that Emmitt & Alaina just kept going down over and over again. One of my greatest joys as a Mother is watching them play so well together. They would go down the slide at the same time holding hands and grinning from ear to ear. They are such great little swimmers!
Kurt & the kiddies coming down the slide together---my hubbys lookin MIGHT-Y FINE!!☺ We spent a good 2 hrs swimming. The kids wouldn't leave the pool for anything, they just LOVED it! Alaina was doing so well with just her water wings on. The girl was Miss Independent. And Emmitt was just amazing me with his swimming ability.
Here they Come!!
After the pool we enjoyed some lunch at Rubys Diner, the kids were falling asleep while eating. Then we stopped off at Cabazon so I could pick up some outfits for Alaina. Once we got home we just vegged out. I got to work on Alainas cake. Pretty much every year I store buy the cake. This year I decided I wanted to attempt something fun. I decided on a daisy cake for Alaina.
It turned out soooo Yummy and pretty!! I had fun making it, I had laugh at myself though for going to all the trouble to make this cake and no one was really coming to appreciate it. But Kurt, the kids, and I enjoyed it.
It was such a fun birthday for her! So nice to spend time together and focus on the love of the family. She has become such a smart, sassy, and beautiful little 2 yr old. She always brings us joy, and she is still my little lovebug.-xo-
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Guess Who...Just turned TWO??!
witty words of Kurt+Amy at 2:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
this looks like the best birthday I have ever seen! family fun is always the best!
amazing job on the cake too!
Happy Birthday! It looks like she had a great birthday!!! IT is crazy how fast our kids grow up!!
Oh my goodness, what a fun day! And the cake turned out totally cute!!! Awesome job Miss Amy!!
Happy birthday Alaina! It looks like her day was so much fun!
Alaina looks more like her beautiful mom with her hair pulled up :) Your cake looks awesome!
OH! and I wanted to tell you we have those markers too! I got them awhile back to take with us to church as a quiet activity for sacrament mtg but Aimi Lark has bitten off quite a few of the marker tips! I love them though!
Emmitt should be one of those under water models! He looks as if hes breathing underwater, flawless! Hes soo adorable
Post a Comment