Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Weekend with Family


This weekend was tons of fun! Kurts family came down friday night to spend the wkend, and I headed up to my familys for the wkend. Kurt insisted I leave the babies so it was a nice break to get away on my own for a little while. (even though I missed them pretty much right off the bat) I left Friday late afternoon, and met up with my gf Mia. We headed to Victoria Gardens Mall in Rancho Cucamonga. We had dinner at Lucilles BBQ (mmmmmm....BEST tri tip ever!!) And we saw Pineapple Express at the movie theater there. (Soooo dang funny!!) I then headed for my Moms that night, I didn't get there till about midnight. We spent the wkend shopping, relaxing, and playing with my nieces. It was so nice to spend time with my parents, and my bro and sister. Everytime I go up there I wish we lived closer!! I miss my family often, and my nieces are growing so fast....I would love for our kids to be able to play together more. Anyway I headed back Sunday evening. Kurts fam had already left and was heading for Aunt Dana's, I was hoping they were coming back thru Valencia so we could meet up and I could see Larkie & cute Jordan!
Kurt went with the fam to a nearby timeshare where they just spent the day swimming. I was very impressed with the pics and video when I returned home. My little guy Emmitt is learning how to swim quite well!! And Alaina was just hanging out with her arm floaties, too cute. They had fun being together, Kurt kept telling me how adorable Jordan is and how she was crawling around everywhere. You definitely don't have to convince me of how cute Jordan is, that girl is so adorable!! It was a wkend full of fun for us all.
Monday came and I was very happy to hear that Kurt had taken the day off. (so rare lately that he has any days off) We went to breakfast and ran some errands. We rented 2 movies- Mama's Boy & Nims Island. Both we're entertaining and Kurt made dinner. (BIG shocker! I about fell over when he said he'd make dinner....do u know how to cook?? LOL!!) It was very yummy, and we spent the rest of the night cuddling and enjoying eachothers company.
Life has it's up's and down's.....sometimes it tends to feel more down then up but one thing will always remain, the love of your family. I am incredibly grateful for having such a loving, giving, family on both sides. I want our extended family to know how much I love them, and how grateful I am for their support and encouragement thru the tough times. We are truly blessed to have a loving Heavenly Father who cares for us and wants us to succeed as a family unit. I feel blessed to be a part of this BIG and incredibly loving family. -xo-

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad y'all had such a great family weekend!

Sarager Family said...

We had fun but wished you were there love ya xoxo

Amanda said...

Aww how fun! Nice to see family and nice to get away but even better to come home!

Jayme said...

Nice to hang out and visit family... and sometimes nice to leave the kids at home :) glad you had a great weekend. Your family is beautiful!

Ryan Amber and Family said...

Fam is great!

Thank you again for your help for ice cream social. I so much appreciate your support and help.

We'll see you tomorrow!!
I am so sad I have missed the workouts we have been gone, so we'll be there!!