Saturday, October 4, 2008

20's will soon be a memory


Happy 29th Birthday to my knight in shining armor! 10/3 was Kurts 29th birthday. His final year of the twenties kind of crazy to think of that way. The 24 hr bug arrived just in time to spoil the bigger plans. Kurt was sick the day before and I got sick the night before dragging into his birthday. We celebrated as best we could trying to pull through the exhaustion and aches. Kurt received a hurley button down shirt from Emmitt, Iron Man from Alaina, and guitar hero 3 from me. We spent the majority of the day resting and playing guitar hero. We then headed to Ontario for a night of indoor kart racing. I found a place called K1 that apparently has the fastest indoor kart racing around. The company has 3 different tracks including a super track similar to speedways. We had alot of fun knocking eachother around and playing cat & mouse. I love doing activities like this with Kurt you can see the little kid come out. At one point he took a turn a little too hard and got stuck, as I came flying up behind him I thought he'd move and be a gentlemen....too bad he couldn't move that quickly. SLAM went Amy into the wall behind him...lol...forgot there's a brake pedal. He thought that was pretty hilarious! When the race was almost up we were rounding the finish line when the guy waved the flag to signal the final lap, Kurt raises his arms above his head as if to signal his victory...too bad it was all in his head. ☺ Neither one of us won the race but we had alot of fun doing it. We came home and dug into the banana blueberry birthday pie I made him. MMMM! 29th bday success!♥

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Kurt! And guitar hero?? I am sooo coming over to your house! ;) LoL

Anonymous said...

sounds AWESOME! you must have great babysitters! I'm jealous!

Jayme said...

Happy birthday to Kurt!! Sorry you guys were not feeling good. Thankfully it was only a 24 hr thing and not a whole week thing. Guitar hero is soooo addicting. too bad Tommy and I suck at it.

Sarager Family said...

I can't believe how quick life goes by. I love guitar hero good choice love ya

Tevis and Katie said...

WOW!!! Kurt you are SOOOO OLD!!! Glad I'm not that old....anymore :)
This is Katie Hull (Zehnter) by the way