Saturday, October 4, 2008

♫I want a Cooool Rider♪

♫I need a c-o-o-l- r-i-d-e-r!♪ Today Kurt surprised me by bringing home a Harley he had rented. It was supposed to be a surprise he did on my birthday but the shop wasn't open the day of, so he saved the activity for today. He had planned a pretty long ride for us but the weather didn't want to cooperate so we decided to stay a little closer to home. I was soooo excited! I am definitely a bike girl! I love motorcycles and dirtbikes! We hopped on and rode down to redlands for a bite and a movie. It was so much fun riding this thing, felt natural. I told Kurt this is our future.☺ I was singing the above song to myself while we were driving. (it's from grease 2 for those who don't know) I love that movie and used to replay that scene all the time when I was younger, I wanted to be Michelle Pfeiffer with her hot black skinny jeans and sweet black and pink jacket. We ate at Rubios and watched Eagle Eye. It was a great movie! What's a great day w/o a little drama though right?! Here's the juicy story of the day:

On the way to pick up the bike Kurt got into a little accident. Kurt made a left and another car pulled out of a gas station nearby. The kid decided to make an illegal U from the rt hand lane without looking and hit the truck on the right side. Thank goodness no one was hurt. Kurt told me he tried to slam on his brakes and swerve out of the way but he got hit anyway. Luckily there was a witness that came and told his story to the police to ensure that Kurt was not at fault. The truck suffered though, the right front tire drags on the fender that's bent in, and the right front passenger door won't open. Hopefully we'll get it fixed Monday! There's always something right?! Good thing is it's not our fault and insurance will pay us for the damage. Anyway we had a great time hoggin it up today! We're both so sold on the choppers though that a Harley probably isn't in our future but a bike is!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

we too LOVE motorcycles! Jake took me on one for a date when we were dating and it was amazing!

Amanda said...

Oh how fun! I am so jealous. Chris is always telling me how he wants a motorcycle! And sorry to hear about the truck. Thank goodness it wasn't his fault and everyone's ok!

Vivian Campbell said...

cool. he has his motorcycle license? awesome! we have a bike but no license :( cool stuff!

Mele said...

What a great surprise! We love motorcycles around here too!

Darcy and Shawn Patterson said...

so fun!!

Jayme said...

So fun! It was way cold on Saturday. Tommy wants me to ride on the back of his. I am not convinced that that's a good idea. :)

Sarager Family said...

That is so cool I totally see you guys with a bike.