My sweet husband made this anniversary the best yet. 6/7/08 was our 5 yr anniversary, and it was incredible. I have been wanting to start my family history work forever but just didn't know where to begin. My sneaky hubby did some research and somehow found the time in between his busy work schedule to go to the family history center. He spoke to my Grandpa Jude (my Dads dad) and found out some info and told him what he was finding as he clicked here and there. He had an awesome experience just getting it all together and hearing fun stories from my grandpa. Kurt told me he loved the way my grandfather talks....lol....he's a New Yorker so it is fun to listen to him talk. (Plus that's probably Kurts fave accent to imitate, he does his down by the docks jokes w/ Emmitt) In my Dad you can hear his accent when he's angry or when my grandpas around it comes out strong. Anyway I had no idea any of this was happening. All I knew was Kailie was at our home and I was to pack for 3days, and to dress in church attire when we left. We left our home and drove to the LA temple. (FYI- Kurt proposed to me at this temple) He tells me all this info before we go in and I don't even know what to say I was speechless and sooooo incredibly grateful! What an amazing anniversary present to be able to start the temple work for my family members. We had 2 names, the names were Frank Thomas William Jude & Julia Florence Gaulton (my great grandparents). Fun Fact: Apparently Julia was french, which is interesting because I have always had this crazy fascination with French culture and have actually bought computer programs to learn French....now I see why. :)
Anyway we did their temple work from top to bottom and it was amazing! Such a wonderful temple experience. We left from there to Carlsbad Seapointe Resort. It was gorgeous and practically right on the beach. Just cross the street and your there. We got there late Saturday night so we got settled in and went to dinner at a local restaurant called the Fish House. It was soooooo YUMMY! Best seafood ever! We had coconut fried shrimp and coconut crusted Mahi Mahi which was to die for! MMMM....my mouth is watering. Sunday we went to breakfast, hit the local chain of outlets and spent some money, and then played on the beach. It was too cold to get in the water and overcast but we played paddle ball on the sand and had so much fun. We were cracking ourselves up trying to hit it as long as we could and making up "moves" like we were paddle ball pros or something. We went for a walk along the shore then headed in for dinner. Monday we left for home but hit up Disneyland for some big kid fun. Usually we don't get to go on the big kid rides because of our children so we decided to ride a few before we headed home for real. It was such a nice anniversary to take the time to get back to eachother. We get so caught up in everything else it was nice to settle down and remember what started this all in the first place. :) Sadly our camera battery died on us after we'd only taken 2 pics so I don't have many great ones just 2.
Monday, June 9, 2008
5 Year Anniversary
witty words of Kurt+Amy at 11:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
OKAY JUST WARNING U. THIS GOT REALLY LENGTHY. BUT I JUST HAVEN'T TALK TO YOU IN A WHILE. :)
Thats so exciting! I love surprises. It sounds like its just what you needed Miss Amy...oh I mean Mrs.Amy. You will always be little Amy to me. ha ha. I need to get away too! Andy and I are gonna get out to Pismo in a couple weeks. I am ready for Jill to come take over for a couple days...doesn't that sound awful.
Can't wait to see you again. Tell Kurty the "Chewnacks"(Chojnacki's) say hey.
Love you cute girl!
Oh and I forgot to remind you when you come and see your mother you are required to come and see me.....since she is in Lebec now.
YES IM SO EXCITED!
Oh my gosh by the way I saw your cutest sister in law at the market. Joanne. She was really sweet. I hope her and "Trav Dog" are doing good! Oh and my sweetest Eric. Just love those boys....but your my fav..ha ha
Love you! Sarieee ♥ ♥
what an awesome hubby!
LOVE IT!
yay for family history work!!!
Wow, what a sweet idea! And what an awesome weekend! I am so glad you had a great one! Happy anniversary!!!
Well the two pics that you got are really super cute so that is perfect. I love you guys Happy ann
Post a Comment