Friday, June 6, 2008

Caught up in Life


Figured it was about time for an update. I'm not the greatest at keeping up with my posts but I am trying. I guess we just get caught up in all the many things going on around us. Work has been busy for Kurt & I! I have also been busy working on Alainas room again...lol! I am just doing a fun paint project design for her name with some letters.
Tomorrow is our 5 yr anniversary! I'm not quite sure what we're doing to celebrate but I think Kurt has something up his sleeve. 5 years seems long but then again it doesn't. Kurt & I both agree that it seems as though it's been longer just because we can't remember life alone or w/o our children. I got my hair done the other day...I was very excited because it's actually been a good while since I went to a salon and dyed it. (Unusual for me...lol) Anyway I went to a lady that was suggested to me by my kickbox instructor. She just put some fun chunky caramely highlights in and darkened the rest of my hair too, and then just trimmed it up. I am trying to grow it out but I get pretty impatient with my hair. So we'll see what happens.
Our kids are doing great! Alaina has been really good about sleeping in her big girl bed and the bottle is a non issue anymore...YAY! Last night I heard her get up and open her door so I layed there waiting for her to come into our room but our door never opened and I didn't hear any noise. So I got up to check it out when I walked into the dark hallway I saw Alainas blanket laying in the middle of the hall, and a lump. As I got closer the lump moved...it turned out to be Alaina. She must have walked half way and decided she was too tired to go on and decided to go to sleep in the middle of the hall....LOL!! It was really cute.
Emmitt and Alaina have such a cute little friendship. The other morning Kurt woke up and decided to go check on the kids, since it was strange that they weren't up and in our room already. He went into Emmitts room and they were both just laying on Emmitts bed holding hands and watching a movie. It was super cute! See the pic below....I swear it was not staged.
Tonight we'll be heading up to FP for Isaacs 8th grade graduation. We'll also be picking up our dog Daisy from my Moms to come and live with us for good. For those of you who haven't heard the story.....about a year or so ago I begged Kurt to let me get a puppy. Everyone on our block was getting puppies and I have actually always loved dogs anyway. Kurts not so much of a dog lover. He begrudgingly agreed but made me swear the dog would stay outside. Well that poor little golden retriever puppy just cried and cried in the kennel all by itself. I couldn't take it so I called my Mom and told her the situation and asked if she would be willing to take her in. My Mom kindly accepted the puppy, I had originally named her Chanel but my Mom did not like that name so she renamed her Daisy. (Which works too since my fave flowers are daisies) Anyway my parents recently moved back to FP and have a smaller area now so we are taking the dog back to our home. She is now a yr old and big!! I am excited though and I know the kids will have so much fun with her. And yes she will still have to be outside...LOL! Well that's the update folks....Love you All......until next time.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Cute hair! I'm jealous...we want a dog so badly! Someday...

Anonymous said...

sounds like you all are doing well we love you xoxo

Anonymous said...

i'm with kurt and have no desire for a dog but it would be fun for the kids! and cute hair! I am going back to my natural as soon as I can get in to the salon! man it is hard to schedule around kids and husband etc. and hope y'all have fun in FP! your parents moved back!!?? wow!! now it will be easier to visit all the family at once! yay!

Amanda said...

Awww, what a cute puppy! And I liked the name Chanel! Oh well. Daisy is cute too. Love the hair as well! So you have to tell me what you did this weekend!!!