Thursday, April 23, 2009

Easter

4/12/2009- This years Easter was very fun for us. Not only was it Easter but it was also my Dads birthday! Church was awesome that morning, the primary sang a couple songs during sacrament & it was the very first time that our babies were able to participate. It was super cute watching them try and sing along, Alaina decided to take the spotlight and start ballerina dancing. Thank goodness Grandma Lark was up there to help our babies out. I couldn't help but beam with joy at my precious little ones and how much they've grown.

The Jude family came over at 3pm to start the festivities. We started off with our egg hunt for the kids. When I was growing up we never did an egg hunt so I thought this was a cool idea that the Shillig side does traditionally. We would always just have our baskets filled by the Easter Bunny and waiting for us when we woke up. The kids were really fun to watch as they scowered the yard for the hidden eggs. The girls are all still pretty little so they took their time while Emmitt went running on ahead. (I guess it's the advantage of being the oldest) After their baskets were full we headed back inside to get the food ready. Kurt, Travis, my Dad and the kids all sat down and played Go Fish while they were waiting. This was probably one of my fave parts of the day! I love watching my Dad interact with the granbabies! The kids were giggling and had such a fun time.

We ate some yummy ham, mashed potatoes, and veggies. My Mother never disappoints when it comes to family meals! MMMMMM!! My sister in law helped out by making the potatoes which were very yummy. I made the dessert, an oreo cake just for the birthday boy (my pops). I told him he was only 20 today since we only had that many candles. :) After dinner the kids decided to play with these nerf guns that Emmitt has and attack Uncle Travis with them. They would shoot him and laugh hysterically while he pretended he was in pain. Ava cracked me up because she always shot it backwards so she was really shooting herself...lol. Then Emmitt wanted to be the victim and Alaina decided to get REAL close to be sure she didn't miss. Their so easily entertained sometimes. Travis and Joanne stuck around afterward and played a few round of Scattergories with us. It was a very successful Easter!

4 comments:

Sarager Family said...

So Cute I love Easter it is like my favorite Holiday. You look so cute and I am sad Emmitt is hiding your belly if you even have one I want to see prego pics. Love ya

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

how fun! I love Easter egg hunts the best!

Nate, Holly, Parker, Joshua, Ethan and Grace said...

i love all the new posts and pix. i am so happy its a boy!!!!! congrats

Amanda said...

How fun!! I'm glad you guys had a great holiday!