skip to main |
skip to sidebar

Our Thanksgiving this year was busy to say the least! :) We left for our trip Tuesday, luckily we were able to stop and stay in Vegas for the night instead of making the drive all the way through. We spent the night at the Cancun Resort thanks to Kurts parents timeshare program. The drive went really well considering we have three little children to tote along. I have to say portable dvd players are lifesavers! Maddox did so good and slept the majority of the time. We made a pitstop in at Buffalo Bills on the stateline before we hit Vegas. The kids got to stretch their legs, and ride the log jammer ride twice. They also enjoyed swimming in Vegas before they hit the sack for the night.

Kurt with Mali Su and Alaina at the Shillig thanksgiving dinner.
The second half of our drive had a bit of a snag when we left Vegas, and were trying to make it to Kurts Grandpas house in Mesquite for a visit. There was a fatal accident on the freeway just ten mins before us, Kurt parents made it through right as it was happening, which left us with no where to go. The freeway was shut down for an hour or so. We had to backtrack back to Vegas and decided to get some lunch while we waited. We ate at Dennys which ended being a BIG mistake for me! (stay tuned for the details on that...) We were so glad once we arrived in Layton, UT....that was too much driving and we were all ready to be out of the car! We stayed with Nate (kurts older brother) & his wife Ashley, their house is gorgeous. Kurts little sister Kailie also lives with them. Nate grilled us up some yummy steaks, and Ashley made some delicious asparagus and garlic bread. We just sat and chatted before going to bed. That night I had some really horrible stomach pains, when 5 am hit I realized why. I had the worst case of food poisoning I have ever experienced! It was awful, I couldn't lay down for more than 5 mins, there went my thanksgiving! Kurt and the kids went up to Provo where all the festivities were being held while I just tried to keep my water down and sleep. I felt so mad that we had driven all this way and now I was stuck in bed. I gathered what tiny amount of strength I had, showered and drove to Provo to make it there for the last 15 mins of the celebration. Every year they do a variety type show and every family participates, this year we planned to do band hero and perform for everyone. Kurt put the performance off till I got there, we performed two songs.

Poor Kurt had to take all 3 kids by himself so it was nice to have family around to help out. This is Maddox with Uncle Seth (Larkies husband).
Friday I felt alot better and we drove back up to Provo to drop our kids off with Kailie at Larkies house to watch them while we went to see New Moon again with the family. The theater we went to was awesome! It was in Jordan, UT and it was called the Megaplex, they have a ton of food places inside, similar to a food court in the mall. You order what you want and take your food tray to your reserved seats in the theater and enjoy your food while you watch your film. After New Moon we drove back to Larkies where I dropped off Kurt and went shopping with a few of the family members. After shopping Kurt & I really wanted to go dancing so we left the kids at Larkies so Kurts Mom could watch Maddox and took Kailie with us. We drove around searching for what seemed like forever and finally found this club Area 51 which turned out to be a techno club. Not exactly my style. We were about to leave when we started to watch other people and copy them, it was pretty funny there were some strange people in there. We were laughing so hard copying everyone around us, it ended up being lots of fun.
Saturday we got up early and drove back up to Provo for Lukes (kurts younger brother) baby blessing. They have such a cute little guy, he was born 2 weeks before Maddox they named him William Thomas Shillig. It was really nice to be able to hang out with them, Kurt and I haven't really had the opporunity to see and spend time with them since they were married.

After the blessing we went to Jakes house and hung out for a bit before we left to do family photos. The picutres of everyone turned out really good, Kurt & I loved our family pictures and bought pretty much all of them. We've been dying to get portraits done so this was our golden opportunity. After pics all of the family went to Nates for a game night and dinner. It was our last night being able to socialize with everyone before we left. Our drive home wasn't as smooth as the ride there, Maddox was fed up with being in his seat. Our Utah trip was an adventure and there really wasn't a dull moment. We were so grateful for Nate & Ashley allowing us to stay with them and how incredibly helpful they were. We love you guys and we had a good time! P.S. The pictures were borrowed from my sister Carolines blog, I brought my camera but typical of me I forgot to actually pull it out and use it. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

The 2009 Shillig babies- Maddox, William, and Malachi

Grandpa and Grandma Shillig with the grandbabies.
2 comments:
Cute pics! Looks like a great thanksgiving!
haha!
I kept thinking "did I email here these?" b/c I totally meant to b/c I knew you were sick Thanksgiving day! Let me know if you want me to email them to you b/c I hear they are better quality in blog books if they are emailed vs right clicked from a blog.
I always love the way you write! Your blog is a joy to read!!
Post a Comment