Monday, July 12, 2010

Vegan Recipe 5


This is for the sweet tooth, we all have one! I love to bake and I constantly have a supply of some sort of cookies on hand for the kids and Kurt. Problem is, when MY sweet tooth creeps in, so I decided to try a vegan cookie recipe for my sweet tooth that I don't have to feel super guilty about. If you enjoy carrot cake, you'll like these! I thought they turned out yummy for having absolutely no sugar, butter, or eggs! I will definitely make these again!

Carrot Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients:
1 c whole wheat flour
1 t baking powder
scant 1/2 t fine grain sea salt
1 c rolled oats
2/3 c chopped walnuts (I am allergic so I used pecans)
1 c shredded carrots
1/2 c real maple syrup
1/2 c unrefined (fragrant) coconut oil, warmed until just melted
1 t fresh ginger

Preheat oven to 375 and line baking sheet with parchment paper

In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and oats. Add the nuts, and carrots. In a seperate bowl use a whisk to combine the maple syrup, coconut oil, and ginger. Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.

Drop onto prepared baking sheets one level tablespoonful at a time. Bake in the top 1/3 of the oven for 10-12 mins or until the cookies are golden on top and bottom.

FYI: In some of these vegan recipes you may be wondering where in the world do you find that?? Like in this instance the unrefined coconut oil. Here in Cali you can find it at whole foods, pretty much any of the "weird" ingredients you can get there. Try health food stores.
Recipe courtesy of 101cookbooks.com

Photobucket

0 comments: