skip to main |
skip to sidebar

I LOVE salad!! Probably my fave food of all time, I could eat it at every meal for the rest of my life and never get bored of it. This recipe is a salad although not the leafy green kind but still very healthy!! Props to Biggest Loser again, man I love that cookbook! Keep in mind the recipe itself makes only one serving so dbl, triple to however many servings you'll need.
Hot N Cold Brown Rice Salad
4 oz grilled chkn- chilled and chopped
1/3 c chopped broccoli
1/3 c red bell pepper (I don't like bell pepper in salads so I sub'd for tomato)
1 Tb Italian salad dressing (I used Bernsteins restaurant recipe)
1 Tb balsamic vinegar
3/4 c brwn rice
salt & pepper to taste
Grill Chicken chop and place in fridge. In the meantime, cook your brwn rice. Chop all your veggies. Place in a bowl with the chkn and add your Tb dressing and vinegar. Toss to coat. Once your brwn rice is done add to the chkn mixture and add another Tb vinegar/dressing if desired. Serve immediately.
I love brown rice so I thought this recipe was really good! Although I have a preference of brwn rice. I have tried several brands and have found that Uncle Bens tastes the best! Hope you like it. :)
3 comments:
Yum! It looks really good. Can;t wait to try it out!
Hello,
Thanks for checking out my blog. Apparently, my husband knows yours; he says they grew up together...actually his Mom delivered some of his siblings (she is a midwife). Anyways...the salon my stylist works at is in Valencia right next to Trader Joes; do you live out here? She is great; I highly recommend her!
Oh that's awesome that you do Think Pink Cottage, you have really helped make my blog cute :). You will for sure have to have Kathy do your hair when you come down here next time!
Post a Comment