Thursday, October 8, 2009

Burying his 20's

October 3rd was Kurts 30th birthday! He wasn't really looking forward to moving on from his 20's so I decided to throw him a surprise party and made the theme "burying the 20's". I decided to go all out and sort of torture him a bit. We used some Halloween type decor, a couple gravestones outside read RIP and Your Time Will Come Soon. I had a black and red rose wreath on the door, and tons of black/red balloons.

I blew up a couple pics of him and put them in frames with some votive candles around. He had gone to his parents for the morning to ride and I had him meet me at the Flying J to go on a "family date" when in actuality I was going to drive him around for a while and take him back to our house where the guests were waiting. I blindfolded him and drove in a few circles before heading home. He was completely surprised and we were joined by family & friends to celebrate or should I say mourn? :)


Kurts Dad gave a "eulogy" which was pretty hilarious. His parents gave him a present in a very fitting vase that looked like an urn.

Kurts sister Larkie was in town for the occasion.We spent the afternoon/evening eating and chatting it up. I bought Kurt the best cake ever Big Mtn Fudge Cake from Black Angus and decorated it with some skulls and crossbone candies, and a mini gravestone.

It was a great night and a memorable 30th for Kurt.


Photobucket

3 comments:

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

How Sweet Amy!! Great wife, you are.

Happy Birthday Kurt!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

That looks like one awesome party! GOOD JOB!