Monday, April 19, 2010

My Style Monday- Playroom

Back on track with my blogging and it's Monday which means it's time for My Style! This week is about playrooms. We were lacking in a playroom back in Frazier and I really missed it!! They are so convenient, I love being able to send the kids in one particular room to play and make a mess, then I just have that one room to clean...well...theoretically anyway. lol. Now that we've moved we have a loft and we decided it's about time we have a playroom again. So with that I would like to share some inspiration pictures for playrooms that I would definitely love to do. I have always been a big fan of pottery barn style playrooms. The primary colors go perfectly since I have a blend of boys and girls. I love all the fun storage options they have as well. This kids farm table is so cute!

I love this kicthen/supermarket play area.

This activity table and chairs I found at Land of Nod, they have really cute stuff as well. There a branch of Crate and Barrel which is another store I love.

I have a whole Dr. Seuss thing going on, the kids bathroom is decorated in primary colors and dr.seuss towels and wall hangings. I found a sweet large wall decal of the cat in the hat on pottery barn clearance that I am going to get for the playroom.

Pottery barn and Land of Nod are pretty pricey so if I can't find good steals on their clearance section I love using there pictures as inspriation and finding something similar elsewhere. Pottery Barn was the original site that I had found Emmitts boat bed on but they wanted 2,000 for it. I then stumbled upon it at Costco for 900. Ah thank you! ^ It's fun to find inspiration then look for the deals to make it happen.

How would you decorate your playroom?

Photobucket

4 comments:

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

OHhh these are cute i would def do soemthing like the same.

Anonymous said...

Oh girl...these are too cute! I am loving that second one!! I want to turn Macy's playhouse into that ASAP! Hope your having a great day! xoxo

Shillig8 said...

I really enjoyed the one that's second to last, I thought it was cool that they had a map in the background, and that just seems like a cool way to educate your kids.

Ashley Stone said...

cute stuff!!! My friend's little girls have that pottery barn kitchen stuff in pink, it's cute!