Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Kids should come with a built in *bleep* sensor

So all of us Moms know by experience that kids definitely DO say the Darndest Things, and sometimes at the most inconvenient moments. I've been wanting to share a couple stories so that way I will be able to remember them forever.

Emmitts bleep moments:

One night we were sitting together watching Wipeout. (For those of you who haven't seen the show, go watch it, it's HILARIOUS!) Emmitt loves this show because of all the people falling off the obstacles and getting hurt, it's hard not to find funny. One contestant in particular fell and seriously wrecked herself on the way down. Kurt & I were laughing hysterically because of her fall and the announcers commentary, and of course Emmitt is laughing too. Then he sort of pauses and turns to us with a huge smile on his face and says, "That girl is FAT!" And proceeds to crack up again. Kurt & I lost it we were laughing so hard, I have never heard him say that and it was totally out of nowhere. Now let's just hope he never walks up to someone and says that.

This time we were watching the movie Hancock on our netflix instant. Kurt & I have only seen half the movie at the drive in because we were late and actually had the intention of seeing a totally different movie. So we decide to rent it and watch the whole first half that we missed. Little did I know there's a bunch of cussing, well the A-hole word is said an awful lot. So Emmitts watching it with us and they say the word and I turn to Emmitt and tell him, "That's a BAD word, we don't say that." To which he replies, "Yeah, that is a bad word." A couple mins later in the movie they say it again, this time Emmitt says, "A-s-s-hole....." long pause, then quickly turns to face us with a huge uh-oh and says, "That's a bad word!" I reprimand him for repeating it, and as soon as his back was turned I couldn't help but laugh. The way he said the word was the best part like he was contemplating it, like it was a question or something. Sometimes being a parent is difficult when your not allowed to laugh. :)

"My Mom lets me eat my fries first." -Emmitt told my Mom in the car after going through a drive thru window, while Alaina & I were inside using the restroom

Alainas not quite at the "did that just come out of your mouth?" stage yet. But here are some sweet things our babies say:

"Jesus is going to help my Mom have our baby Maddox" -Emmitt

"Ahhh thanks Mommy" -Alaina said after I give her kisses

"This is for Maddox, he's going to LOVE this" -Emmitt while holding up one of his old toddler spoons he randomly found.

"Cute little FUNNY chicken" -Alainas fave thing to say everytime we visit the chickens at the Shilligs farm

"No I not Grumpy. I not a Care Bear." -Alaina said to me after I called her grumpy


Photobucket

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I always love reading these things, kids are so cute but can say the darndest things at the most inconvenient time too!!

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

How cute! I love kids, they're so fun and full of cute sayings. Your kids sound adorable.

Shillig#7 said...

I loved this post it made me laugh. I love hearing about you and your family. :)