skip to main |
skip to sidebar
The morning of Thursday June 4th, Kurt and I had planned to go to an auto auction... or so I thought. I woke up to find him in his work uniform (I was under the impression he had taken the day off) so I asked him what he was doing. He then told me that his little sister Kailie was going to be coming over and babysitting for me so that I could go get some shopping done before our trip. HUH?? What trip?? He told me for our anniversary weekend he planned for us to go visit my Dads side of the family in Florida, and that we were leaving early in the morning Friday. This is something I've talked about to Kurt several times just pipe dreams of having the money to visit the family. The last time I went to Florida and visited them I was one. The last time I saw my uncle, and aunt on Dads side they came to CA when I was 7. And the last time I saw my nana and pop pop (my Dads parents) was my wedding day. (6 yrs ago) So needless to say, I was extremely excited. My Dads family is very keep to themselves, I have not once seen a baby photo of my Dad or any photos of his younger days for that matter. My Dad has a brother who passed away at age 18 that I have not seen one photo of either (very difficult for any of the Jude side to talk about) so to be able to see the family history and go through photographs was probably one of the biggest things I was excited about.
My Mom came and picked me up at 10:30 am and we headed down to Valencia to shop. The first thing I did was find a salon that had an open spot for a haircut. I cut it back to my old bob. Once we finished there we went to the mall for some hot weather clothes. Florida is very humid so I needed a couple new pairs of shorts and some tops. It was fun fun fun! When is it not fun to be a shopaholic??!! ;)
When we got home I whipped out our suitcases and packed for the trip.
3 comments:
How awesome is that??? What an amazing hubby you have!
too cool! I am so excited to hear about the rest of it!
your uncle looks just like your dad!
and...... what a sweet husband! i cant believe he did that for you. bless his heart!
Post a Comment