Tuesday, January 5, 2010

P90X


The X has begun! I am LOVING it, that may be an understatement to how much I enjoy this program. Today I completed Day 5, tomorrow I will complete my last workout of the week before my rest day. Main thing I enjoy about this program is the constant change. Or should I say the muscle confusion? I tend to plateau once I have been doing a certain form of exercise for a while. Like with my turbo kick, and Tae Bo workouts. My body was in need of something new to push harder. I'm not sure I agree with the fact that beginners can do P90x?? I think you definitely need to be used to working out before you jump into this. #



I really love the meal plan that comes with the program. They take the guesswork out of it for you. P90x definitely lives up to everything you've heard. I would totally recommend this program. My husband and I have been doing it together, it's nice to have someone to work out with. And yes, I am sore. # Just to give you an idea this is what my week looks like:

Day 1- Chest & Back, and Ab Ripper
Day 2- Plyometrics aka The Beast (I'm not even joking...it's insane!)
Day 3- Shoulders & Arms, and Ab Ripper
Day 4- Yoga X (I used to think yoga was weak...yaaa not so much anymore)
Day 5- Legs & Back, Ab Ripper
Day 6- Kenpo X (Kickbox type cardio)
Day 7- rest

Pretty crazy but so much fun! For some reason I get a high off of feeling like I'm gonna die during exercise....LOL! Let me give you a sneak at what mealtime is like for me, after calculating my stats I am supposed to have 1,400 calories per day. Now for me that seems like alot, and I have a hard time getting there because I'm just not that hungry. Here's a layout:

Day 1- (Brkfst) Banana Blueberry Protein Shake
(Snack) 1/2 protein bar
(Lunch) Tuna Salad
(Snack) 1/2 protein bar
(Dinner) Lemon Chkn, brwn rice, and salad
*Calorie Count- 1,140*

Day 2- (Brkfst) Protein Shake
(snack) 1/2 protein bar
(lunch) Sweet Onion Teriyaki Chkn Sub from Subway no bread
(snack) 1/2 protein bar
(dinner) 2 chkn soft tacos from Taco Bell
* calorie count-1,100*

Day 2 is an example of a day where your out and about running errands. They actually have a fast food recommended list in case you aren't at home and didn't bring your meal. The list goes on pretty much like the above. There are variations of what you can/can't eat, I prefer pretty easy things and I don't mind protein bars in the least so I eat those for my snack. I won't be doing any stats or photo till after I complete this first training block so another 3 wks till I'll post those.
So far today I have had:
(Brkfst) Banana Blueberry protein shake and 1/2 red grapefruit
(Snack) 1/2 protein bar
(lunch) Egg white only mushrm omelet
I plan on having the other half of my bar for my next snack. Salmon with Lemon Dill sauce, brwn rice, and veggie soup for dinner! So bottom line: Is P90X worth the money? Definitely.


Photobucket

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I have always been wanting to do this and now I just might (well after the baby of course!). I used to go to a class at church where the instructor used a lot of techniques from the p90X and it was a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing your journey and I can't wait to join you!

AmberRose said...

omg, thats intense! I haven't worked out in 10 months and I was worries about that and starting this program. lol. We'll see though... I think I can, I think I can... lol. Good luck girly and can't wait to hear more about your 90 days! :-)

Ashley said...

I think it is awesome that Kurt is doing it with you! I've been planning on doing P90x after I deliver and am doing some of the workouts in the meantime, and wow! Maybe if Kurt will say awesome things about it to Nate, he will do it with me! That'd be cool. Good for you guys. You'll have to let me know how it goes.

Mele said...

You go girl!

Melody's Voice said...

How Sweet! You put my Lap of Luxury button on your blog. Thank you!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

somehow I missed this post!
good job AMY!
I love reading your meal plan...I don't do a meal plan I just watch cal./fat./etc. so it was cool to see one in action.