skip to main |
skip to sidebar

"This is how we do it...it's Friday night and I feel alright, the partys here at my blog..." I put Friday and that song popped in my head. Anywhoo, we've entered into the weekend and you know what that means it's Feature Friday poeple!# I have been crazy busy lately so I actually have not watched any new movies lately. And I'm pretty sure I even flaked on last weeks Feature Friday and still have no new ones for you....bummer. So that means we're going to take a look at the classics this week. Ooh La La! I've got a slew of them loaded onto my netflix.

The only movie I was able to watch this week was a 1956 classic Anything Goes. Starring Bing Crosby, Donald O' Connor (you may recognize him from the big one- singing in the rain), Mitzi Gaynor, & Zizi Jeanmaire.
Synopsis: This classic Bing Crosby-Donald O'Connor vehicle takes inspiration from Cole Porter's masterpiece about two collaborating composers, Bill Benson (Crosby) and Ted Adams (O'Connor), who wind up recruiting two very different actresses (played with élan by Zizi Jeanmaire and Mitzi Gaynor) to star in their next Broadway hit. It's a race to the klieg lights from there on out. Memorable tunes include "You're the Top" and "I Get a Kick Out of You."
I loved it like I love pretty much all old movies! I can never get over how unbelievably blue Bing Crosbys eyes are. lol. I love Mitzi Gaynor she is a terrific dancer. I wasn't too impressed by Zizi Jeanmaire, her singing voice is terrible.

I figured since this is the only movie I had for you I would also tell you about another slew of classics that are my favorite. I absolutely love Humphrey Bogart!! If you haven't watched any classic movies now's the time. They just don't make them like this anymore. Humphrey Bogarts greatest are the film noir category, of course any film in this category is pretty captivating. These are my top favorite Humphrey Bogart films:

Maltese Falcon is by far my favorite Bogart film. The top right one is Casablanca- please tell me you've at least seen this one?!#

Of course we cant' forget Sabrina, starring 3 great ones!
So here's my advice try out some classic movies, you'll be surprised to find that you may actually love them! I know I do.^
1 comments:
I can't believe I've never seen "Anything Goes." I love all the music from it, but have never seen the movie!
I'll def have to do that.
Post a Comment