I celebrated my 26th birthday back on September 22, it was tons of fun! Kurt took me out the night before, and surprised me when we pulled up to roller rink. I have not been rollerskating since I was 5. I was excited but also nervous. I knew I would look like Bambi on ice, which is exactly what happened but fun to laugh at myself. This rink was really cool they had fun music playing and seemed like it would be a great place to go as a family. After the roller rink, we went to the dance club that we go to most often when we want to dance. We got there pretty early so the dance floor was nice and clear for us to take over! $ I LOVE dancing with Kurt it is soooo much fun. We definitely got our groove and sweat on. lol. After we left we were so elated that we had some fun taking pictures and laughing hysterically at ourselves. It is very difficult to take a picture of 2 people when one of them has to be holding the camera. These pictures pretty much speak for themselves.


The day of my birthday Kurt surprised me by refinishing our bedroom furniture. I kept telling him I wanted to sand it all down and paint it, so for my birthday he took on the task. We've had our bedroom furniture since we've been married and it's pretty but old and wood finish. I have been redecorating our bedroom so it's black and white and has a paris romance feel. So he sanded it all down primed and painted it black then we roughed it up a bit to make it a bit more shabby. It looks BEAUTIFUL, now we just need new handles or knobs for it. (SO no pics till we get those.)Anyway after he worked on that project we went to see Inception with Leonardo Dicaprio. TOTALLY recommend!
LOVED this movie, very different than anything else out there and amazing!! Some people reviewed it hard to follow but it's not as long as you are actually paying attention. After the movie we had dinner at "our place" Black Angus and of course indulged in some Big Mtn Fudge cake. Then Kurt told me we weren't going home for the night and headed to a hotel where we were able to have a lovely time without kids.$ It was a great start to my 26th year!





3 comments:
ok so the beginning made me laugh and the end brought a tear to my eye, "we're not going home"
how hot is that!
also, last picture, AWESOME YOU HOTTIES YOU!
and love the photo collage above your fireplace!
Aweee you guys are so cute and look so young together, LOVE It!! :)
Love that you guys got to spend the night alone too!!!!
I love your blogs Amy! You are too precious for words and gorgeous as always! Glad you had a wonderful birthday and a great hubby to celebrate YOU with!! hugs!
Post a Comment