Monday, October 4, 2010

Ribbons into Bows


I see so many cute hair accessories lately but the cost keeps going up. I figured it was about time for me to try and make my own! I was inspired by Kurts cousin Shay to make my own, for Alainas bday she gave her a homemade bow holder with a bunch of cute bows. So here is my attempt at making hairbows, I found a tutorial online, actually it's an entire site that tells you all the how to's on everything from regular bows to corker bows, to creating animal clips out of ribbon. Pretty sweet, I just started out with the basics because I'm still learning. It was alot of fun, and I now have silk flowers on hand to create my own flower clips.

Every little girl needs Hello Kitty, even the "not so little" ones. $

I really like this green giraffe print with the brown polka dot ribbon

Alaina sporting one of Shays cute yellow ribbons, hers are definitely better than mine.

It's so much fun having a girl, and an excuse to make all these pretty things! I love her little outfit, it says Sunshine Girl and that's exactly what she is to me- my little sunshine. I think Alaina looks alot like her Aunt Audrey and that's fine by me because I think Audge is beautiful!$

Photobucket

~+

2 comments:

AmberRose said...

i have a great tutorial that i purchased online to make all sorts of bows. if u wnat it let me know. i don't mind sharing. it's sooo fun making bows! i love putting laila in them too!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

That is so cool Amy!
They look amazing!
I love bows.
I love that you live near shay!
That is really fun I bet!