Friday, October 22, 2010

Beauty School Dropout

I keep getting asked about Beauty School so I thought that I would clarify. I think I posted something on this before but it was mixed in with some other things so maybe that's why it was skipped over. Anyway, I am no longer in beauty school. I made the decision to dropout after my accident. I was given about a month of time off to recover and what not, but I had to make a decision. The accident brought up the big IF'S....you know the questions we all try desperately not to reflect on, even though try as we might they still come up. For me the big if was what if something would have happened to my kids?? (I was not alone in that car when it rolled end over end 3 times, my 3 children were with me) Then followed by the what if comes the... would I? Would I look back and know that I spent all the time I could with my kids? Would I be satisfied that I did ALL I could do? The answer to that question was NO.

Now Beauty School may seem like a small thing, a small sacrifice of time away from my kids. What it boils down to is, my kids still need me. They are still just that: kids, babies. Eventually they will get to the stage where they don't want Mom around anymore, where they are so caught up in their own lives and social activities that a small piece of time in school won't matter. When that time comes I will be right back in school, because a goal yet to be accomplished will stay a goal. It's a definite to do, just not at this stage of the game. I can't be proud going off pursuing my own dreams when my children need me to help discover theirs. So yes, I am a beauty school dropout for now. The great thing is the school has no contingency, as long as the school is operational I have till forever to come back and pick up where I left off. I will be a cosmetologist, just not in the next year. My family will ALWAYS come first.



Photobucket

4 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

Amy, your post about this made me smile and brought tear to my eye. I feel the same way about them only being this little for so long, so enjoy it. I know not everyone can and I feel for those who want to be home but I'm grateful for the opportunity I have and that you have to be home each day through the thick and thin with them. I love you, I'm proud of you, and happy to have you as my sister.

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

Great answer. You're such a great mommy.

Ashley Stone said...

agreed family first. xoxox

Ashley said...

I'm jealous. That is the biggest stress in my life. I feel like I am missing out on some of the best moments, but I just don't have a choice. Enjoy it. Kiddos need that.