Monday, October 4, 2010

A "Charged Up" Birthday

(I'm trying to fill in the more prominent posts and then I'll get the little posts later so I'm skipping around a bit here.)Kurt celebrated his 31st birthday, yesterday Oct 3rd. Maddoxs birthday falls right after his, today the little guy is one- but more on him later. Kurts bday celebration started Saturday the 2nd because I had plans for him. Kurt had gone down to the church to watch the priesthood session of conference and while he was gone I scrambled to get things ready so the kids could surprise him before we left. Emmitt and Alaina both handmade bday cards for him and we also made a big poster for the door.

I whipped up some Pillsbury cinnamon rolls w/ orange frosting for Halloween, and some scrambled eggs complete w/ a ketchup I love you message. $ Kurt was surprised to find we were celebrating a day early when he came home. The kids gave Kurt the new Halo Reach game, and I gave him a 2 night getaway to Ramona, CA which is in San Diego area. Little did Kurt know I had more up my sleeve!!

He really didn't quite understand why I would have us drive 3 hrs away just for a getaway, I just told him that's all his Mom could get on such short notice with her time share program....true?? Sort of. $ We got to the resort a little late around 8pm. We checked in and then headed out to the local restaurant for dinner. In the morning I presented Kurt with another gift for his real birthday, a San Diego Chargers shirt and two tickets to the football game that day! Neither of us have been to an NFL football game so we were both pumped! We had some time to kill before the game so we jogged/ran to the cafe again for breakfast and then swam in the pool before heading out. Kurt & I had matching Chargers shirts on and I put a little spirit on my face.

The game was the Chargers vs. The Arizona Cardinals- lets' just say we slaughtered em! It was a great game and so much fun, our seats were pretty close to the field too.

(Our view) GO CHARGERS! After the game we headed back home, and stopped off at Bucca Di Beppo for some dinner. The restaurant is family style eating so I had Kurt choose since it was his day, we got lasagna and caesar salad. The lasagna was monstrous! 9 layers!

REALLY REALLY good. The best part was the waitress and a couple others came out to sing to Kurt and he got really into it, when they sing everyone in the whole place claps along he got up and danced and whirled his hat around, and then raised his glass in salute at the end....lol...it was hysterical! Our dessert was chocolate chip cannoli's.....mmmmmm!


Happy 31st Babe! You are my everything.

We heard this song on the radio on the way home, LOVE it!


Photobucket

2 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

What a great birthday!
I love that y'all get to take advantage of the timeshares being in CA! That is so awesome!
You are one awesome party planner!

Ashley Stone said...

sounds like a fun time!!!! Glad you all had a wonderful getaway. : ) Love that song, I've never heard it before.