skip to main |
skip to sidebar

Saturday we got up early and had breakfast at the cafe at the inn. Then we checked out of our room , and headed to San Simeon to tour the Hearst Castle. It was a really pretty drive, everything was so green and beautiful! We passed through Morro Bay, and Cambria on our way up. There are tons of different tours you can take for the Hearst Castle, we did the experience tour since it was our first time. It was GORGEOUS! Such an amazing history behind it, and incredible how much money the guy had for the depression era, it's a ton of money even now!! So many beautiful pieces of art...if only I could live there. # Instead of giving away all the amazing history and info on the place, I'll just say if you have not been go check it out.

Statues like these were all over the gardens outside, absolutely beautiful...definitely would go in my dream home.

Kurt in front of the staircase leading to one of the many guesthomes (which are about the size of an average home)

Outside the door to the guesthome where celebrities like Bob Hope and his wife stayed while visiting William Hearst.

The outside pool, probably the most stunning and largest pool I have ever seen.

A view of the main house, which Hearst referred to as "the ranch". He's kidding right?? Does this look like a ranch to you? The statues to the left of this picture were really amazing they date back 3,000 yrs!

The front doors leading into the main house.
Unfortunately this is where our camera battery died! I wish we had pictures of the inside of the main home, it was so incredible! Also the recreation area where the indoor pool was. The indoor pool was HUGE and fashioned like the old turkish baths. The pool and surrounding walls and floors were hand laid with tile by 6 men that took 4 yrs to complete, and well over a million tiles. Some of the tile were plated with 22k gold in the pattern he desired. This guy had WAY too much money if you ask me....lol. The indoor pool completed our tour. After that we headed back to Cambria where we had lunch at the Main Street Grill. They had giant portions and amazing salad and tri tip sandwiches! We strolled the main drag shops and found some cute things to take home with us. It was a quick weekend trip but well worth it. I hope to go back and visit when we have more time to spare.
4 comments:
whoa....so jealous girl! Looks like y'all had a wonderful time! Glad you made it home safe and sound! xoxo
oh how fun!
I love the coast of N. California!
I am so glad y'all had a great getaway. Jake and I want to take a little overnight trip to Manti soon and this makes me even more excited!
HOW FUn!
wow! That place looks awesome! I want that pool!!!
Post a Comment