Monday, February 8, 2010

My Style Monday- Birthday Parties

Another My Style Monday is upon us and this week we are invited to show some creative/fun birthday party themes and ideas. Short Southern Mommas daughter is turning ten soon and she's trying to find some fun ideas. Although we can show whatever we like I wanted to direct my post just for her and her daughters bday. I absolutely LOVE the disney family site for kids bday ideas! They always have fun themes and awesome cake designs to do from home. Best thing is that most of the ideas won't cost a fortune and they have tons of interesting games and activities.

For her daughters age group my fave was the Spa Birthday Party idea, complete with facials, mani/pedis, hairstyling, and makeup sessions. You can have each guest bring a robe and slippers. Drape some white sheets around the room and chairs, dim the lights and have plenty of candles to make it feel like a spa. Don't forget some aromatherapy scented ones too! You can set a table with makeup, buy some cheap brands like bonne bell, and j.a.n.e from walmart.

For treats, I thought making some "mock sushi" was such a cute idea and fun!

Here's the link to the treat sushi.


You can even make your own stylin sleep masks like these!And for cake ideas these designs fit the theme and their WAY unique!

That's all for My Style Monday! Now I want to know what are your cool birthday party ideas?

Photobucket

2 comments:

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

how fun!

Anonymous said...

I am loving that idea! So fun and it would not cost me an arm and a leg! Thanks so much for helping me out! I always love reading your post! XOXO