skip to main |
skip to sidebar

This weeks My Style Monday topic is things you've handmade. Well...I am not the craftiest person alive so this was a tough one for me. Ever since I've had kids it seems my projects have fallen by the wayside. I am not a seamstress, I have no clue really how to sew. I would love to and eventually will someday get a machine and teach myself. I LOVE handmade aprons, clothes, blankets, etc. The main things that I myself have handmade before are among the topics of scrapbooking. I used to scrapbook a ton before I had kids, now that I have 3 children though I am WAY behind! I only have a scrapbook for Emmitt and it's only completed in his baby yrs, and even still not fully. Now I use the blog to book idea to scrapbook. I turn my blog every year into a book, which makes for great journaling/scrapbooking for our family & great gifts for the grandparents! So these are a few samples from my old school scrapbook days, and my 2 blog books:

2007 and 2008 blog books

This page is from my highchool scrapbook, I made a senior year time capsule page. I journaled all the popular things at the time I graduated highschool.


This page layout is from Kurt and my engagement photo shoot my Mom did for us up in the mountains after it snowed.


This is my cheer layout from highschool


A layout from Emmitts book.
As you can see these handmade things are pretty old, makes me realize I should start being a bit more crafty. Now a days I utilize my craftiness in the kitchen, I LOVE to cook and bake! Someday I would love to learn some mad cake skills I love looking at creative wedding cakes. So handmade may not be in my vocab for now but it will eventually get there again someday.
What do you homemake?
5 comments:
Love the scrapbooks!
how cute were you and young kurt? awww.
cute! I have a scrapbook but it only has like 6 pages done, I don't ever take the time to do it. Yours looks great.
I need your magic style touch on my blog! Your cute page makes mine look like a drab ;-)
I am impressed girl! I have tried scrapbooking and suck big-time! I love the idea of turning your blog into and book! That is the coolest thing ever! Who did it for you? In May I will have been at this a year and would love to do mine that way. I always love your post! Thanks so much for playing along! I don't think I am going to put up the McLinky anymore cause it is just me,you and another girl that plays most of the time. I will give you her blog name if you want to read her post too. Hope your having a great day! xoxo
I am in the same boat you are!! I have been needing to get my blog turned into a book! Thanks for the reminder!
Post a Comment